Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:20 am

Title: Hot blooded woman
Mangaka: Hwang Mi Ri

Description
(From Bamboozled):

What is a sweet, soft-spoken girl (Ha Li Kang) to do when her brothers, having just learned fencing and martial arts, decide to test some moves out on her in order to "tame her" and make her into their "little slave?" She runs to her knightly friend (Te Hu Kang, not related to Ha Li) for protection, of course. However, what happens when, instead of comforting her, he tells her that she is a coward for running away like a puppy who needs constant protection? No, she does not break down and cry like a weak girl. Instead, she resolves to grow stronger. With rigorous training everyday, Ha Li goes from being a scared girl who cries for help to becoming the Jjang (boss of a gang) of the Doberman gang. However, events lead to Ha Li getting in an accident with a truck. Afterwards, she is reborn into the body of a beautiful, but weak, rich girl Aram Han.

At her new school, everyone is surprised at the sudden change they see in Aram, who has gone from a gloomy, good student to a rude, carefree troublemaker. Many people bully her. When Ha Li finds out that it is all due to Sin Uoo Park, the handsome prince and Jjang of the school who detests Aram, she decides to have a duel with him for the position of Jjang. What will happen next is for you to find out in this romantic comedy Korean manhwa.

I think this is the greatest manhwa of Hwang Mi Ri XD. Ha li is a strong girl, and stupid a bit :)) ( just I think ) , but that's also the power point of her :P. Although in the story, they said she ugly (or something, I forgot :P), but I think she also good looking (you also see that when you read it ). And when she 's serious, she's really cool :x, that's make 2 guys ( very very handsome and cool ) love her :D. I disappoited a bit with the ending of this, but nevermind, it's better more than sad ending with some one die or feel wretched ^^, and, the last chapter...it's amazing ...
=)), just read it, I want you enjoy this funny manga :))
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Debs119
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:59 am

One of the best mangas I've read. Reminded me strongly of Tokyo Crazy Paradise. Utterly hilarious but very complex. One of the most interesting things is figuring out the characters as they are all much deeper than they seem, especially Ha Ji. The relationships are absurdly complicated, but at the same time I loved them. Kept me completely drawn into the story (I read all 24 volumes in 2 days). The artwork isn't great but isn't bad at all. The cover art though is pretty hideous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annieli
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:06 am

I liked it, I liked it. Maybe the end of it was not so good, but still it got to the way it should be. I hope.
That was my first Hwang Mi Ri's work what I readed so of course I'm so keen on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
letsgethype
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:00 am

i liked reading this series. it was pretty interesting and funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suyuri
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Sun May 25, 2008 11:42 am

Like annieli, this was probably also one of the first mangas I've read done by Hwang Mi Ri. It was one of the first few times I read about a story line with a strong-willed heroine, so I was pretty much fascinated. But as I moved onto her other works, I found it being very repetitive. happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eternal_moon
Caramel Pancakes
Caramel Pancakes

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Wed May 28, 2008 10:09 am

Who ever said that this was one of the best manhwa ever, I completely angreed with you !! This was the road that lead me to know Hwang Mi Ri !! I completely in loved with it... I could have tell I reread it so many times after I finish ! And even now, I still reread it sometime !
Though I have to said, the later parts after Ha Li return to her real body wasn't as interesting as she was in Aram body. Not because she not pretty any more ! But, just that Sin Uoo wasn't as adorable and shy as how he was before.... I liked that Sin Uoo so much, after Ha Li is in her rea; body Sin Uoo become kind of maturer !! ( no fun ) mad
Lot of funny parts which can't make me stop laughing and somtimes I even laugh in tears !!
Anyway, if anyone who hasn't read this yet. Should give it a try! Or else you wasting a impoertant part of you life !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LACMA
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Thu May 29, 2008 8:13 pm

this is one of her earlier works ( i think?) it's okay...but HONGGANE is like....this...x2318491823491....
just read it...so hot...
her series are sometimes long
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happygal
Tangy Translator
Tangy Translator

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:12 am

this story is super long and long..i nearly wanted to buy the manga..lucky i didn't..hence i rented it from a manga shop...save me alot...i always love HMR's work..her artwork is beautiful..but then again, house of boarding hunks are kinda of let down...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tcmanga.forumwise.com
BraLaLa
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:41 pm

I absolutely loved this manwha!

I was feeling kinda down because I couldn't find any interesting reads that would perk up my interest, so I asked around if anyone could suggest a story that was similar to my favorite manga, Tokyo Crazy Paradise. A friend pointed this out to me, and though I was skeptical at first (look at the covers!) I TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!!

It's really a lot like Tokyo Crazy Paradise, except this time, she's the gangster...! But it's great, it's a great mix of action, comedy and romance, and still is deep enough to portray even difficult situations (dealing with death, violence, gangs...) and really complicated characters (Sin Uoo and Han Seo in primis) wonderfully.

A must read!! 10/10!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minna21
Tangy Translator
Tangy Translator

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:20 am

A hilarious series, definitely a must read. Although the plot does drag in some parts, it's always entertaining. Like some other reviewers I found the ending somewhat disappointing as the love triangle that develops has most readers, it seems rooting for the underdog who doesn't end up with the heroine. But, then again, that's what fanfic is for. It's too bad there isn't more fanfic out there. The heroine is a spunky sort, of the archetype that reminds me of Buffy the Vampire slayer and kind of like Naruto as well - loud, brash, direct, a little simpleminded, loves food. Very likable. They should definitely turn this into an anime series. It would be great with updated art and music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
honey4864
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:02 am

I really love this manhwa. it's so hilarious and interesting. well you never get bored when reading this. it's a must read. The girl is just a little weird she eat so much but doesn't get fat. I wish i could be like that. cause i love to eat. well have fun reading it you guys. i won't say anything about this manhwa anymore cause it will spoil the fun in reading it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipse100
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:59 pm

This manhwa was hilarious. When i started reading it i could not stop laughing. I was never bored and i would totally recommend this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazanimej
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:11 am

my very first manhwa.i love it.the story is funny and it makes me looking forward for more of hwang mi ri's manhwas. hahaha happy same here, i will recommend this manhwa too.it's a good read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angeldarkness
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:03 pm

I love this manhwa ^-^ it really good, but a lot of stuff happens in there that drive me crazy trying to understand @_@
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shoy
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:53 pm

i love this book!!! i read mosly all the artisit book. her book just too good and interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemonkey
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:43 am

I really like the strong female character, she wasnt helpless and kicked ass. but she was sooooooooo oblivious some times that i wanted to beat her with an obvious stick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riko
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:10 am

lolz I wonder how many times I read this manga :P Although I have this manga in my mother language, I still download it again and read it. I don't like manhwa so much, but this manga is a exception :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yushiy
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:02 pm

This manga rocks!! n I love the mangaka! Her girl charaters r all cool n the stories r pretty refreshing! afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri   

Back to top Go down

Hot blooded woman by Hwang Mi Ri
Page 1 of 1